Tuesday, October 8, 2013

#onesmallchange… Week 2

Last Tuesday, Marcia, who writes Marcia’s Healthy Slice, started a challenge to help us meet our goals for the last quarter of the year, by making one small change each week… and then adding another each week until the end of the year.

button2


My #onesmallchange commitment for this past week was to avoid eating after 8 p.m. each evening.  Most of the time, if I do eat/snack/munch/graze after dinner, it is not from physical hunger.  It is from what I am hearing called hedonistic hunger… or even just from thirst, mistaken for hunger.  Apparently not all that uncommon.

So, how did I do?  Well I can honestly say that the only evening I ate after 8 p.m. was on Sunday.  And it was from true, physical hunger.  We had eaten dinner fairly early and it was a light meal so by 8 p.m. I was feeling a bit peckish and by 9 I was downright hungry.  I ate a couple of slices of lean ham wrapped in Romaine lettuce and was quite satisfied… but a deal is a deal so I guess I only scored 6/7.

This week  I will plan better!

And, in a addition to not eating after 8 p.m. I  intend to make sure I drink more water.  I have been really lax about getting in my H20 lately.  Oh sure, I drink coffee and tea all day long, but I really think my body needs pure, unadulterated water. 

So my #onesmallchange this week  is to fill up a bottle or 2 each morning, measuring out 64 ounces of water…  and then make sure I have drunk it all before going to bed each evening.

I have lots of great water bottles so I think I will use a different one each time to make sure have some variety and not get bored…..

 Mar 3 Bobble 002

What is #onesmallchange you could  make this week?


How do you make sure you are drinking enough water, or is it a concern at all for you?

5 comments:

  1. Drinking more water was my challenge last week and I did pretty good:) I still have to think about my challenge for this week. Great job on not eating after 8. Sometimes our bodies need to have a little something. You probably made the right choice the one day you did eat:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome way to cut the night time 'hedonistic' snacking! Ha! I love that term. I too have been lax about water. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to drink more water during the day! I drink enough in the evening because, well it helps me NOT eat after dinner, but during the day I find that drinking, even just water, bloats me :( But I think I need to figure it out - it could solve some of my "brain farts" - LMFAO!

    Nicely done on not eating after 8pm, I cannot stand eating after that hour - it messes with my sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. water water water water.
    being CERTAIN to match anything I drink which is nonWATER with a cup of the H2O.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a great 1 small change! :) Me, I need to plan better! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!