Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Jumping on Marcia’s #onesmallchange Bandwagon

Happy October 1st.

How did that happen? The year is flying by!

I occasionally remind myself of my one-word mantra that has been my theme this year…

KAIZEN

KAIZEN = daily improvement


And when I found this One Small Change Challenge, posted by Marcia at Marcia’s Healthy Slice, I decided immediately to take part.  It is a simple challenge, but I think it will help me stay on track with my new goals and see some great results over  the last 3 months of the year.

button2

Marcia asks you to make one change each week, and then each week throughout the last quarter of the year, add another to the list.  So for this week, my first change will be:

No snacking after 8 p.m.  - it is often a problem for me.  Sometimes it’s just fruit or a handful of nuts, but it is something I do usually out of habit, not physical hunger.  So, from now on, no solid food snacking.  A cup of tea or coffee is fine, but no EATS.

What about you?  Are you still working your one-word mantra?

Does Marcia’s challenge appeal to you? #onesmallchange

5 comments:

  1. I will have to check out her challenge sounds like a great one. One small change does appeal to me. My word this year has been patience, and it has been tested!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I will have to check that out. Sounds like a fun challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks so much for joining in! I totally get you on wanting to cut the night time snacks. There was a time I would shut it down after dinner. Now, not so much. It is SO much a habit, not hunger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am behind on reading so have not read that post from Marcia yet.. I am really not into doing challenges publically but love to follow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great way to implement changes in your life! Such a great approach to it as small changes will all add up to big ones! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!