Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday Five

Hey, it's Friday!  This week has flown by and I am looking forward to the weekend.  A Sunday run is in the plans and it has been a bit too long since I have been out pounding the pavement.

But till then I have a few things I am excited about that I want to share with you.

First... have you checked out our Tommie Copper Review of their 2 great men's back support products... and there is a giveaway for Canadians and Americans, too.


Second...  several weeks ago I won a  Twitter contest josted by Fajo Magazine and Reebok Canada and the prize was a pair of Nano 5 shoes.  They arrived yesterday and I was all over  Instagram with them.... aren't they purty?



Third...  My carb cycling food plan is going really well... I am particularly loving my low carb days. 
Who knew?  It has helped me get away from the processed foods that I had started to gravitate toward and reconnect with whole, real food again.  YAY!  And yes, I am doing it all within my Weight Watchers program guidelines... those help me with making sure I am getting in my nutrients and watching my portions.




Fourth...  We are getting off the Island next weekend for a little getaway... going to make a circle tour and visit with family in North Vancouver, then head South to shop in Washington state for a few days before visiting a friend there for another few days. I love to cross border shop and my list is growing.  Trader Joe's... here I come!  Oh my... is it fortuitous that this month's Fearless Flyer is featuring wine?




Fifth...  I have been really loving this round of Metabolic Aftershock workouts.  I have been doing them Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and following each with a very brisk half hour walk.  I can feel that my shoulders and legs are getting stronger... and I can see shapely muscle in my arms and legs too.  It's good for me to take this break from traditional strength training and do these whole body workouts.  They are only 15 minutes long, after the warmup, and I feel the heat most of the day afterward.  




So.. how is your week shaking out?   

Do you have any non-perishable faves at TJ's that I need to hunt down?

17 comments:

  1. Lucky you! Those shoes are really cute! Have a great time on your getaway! It's so much fun to get out of town and visit family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes look awsome. I am in desperate need of a pair of cross trainers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the nanos! And Trader Joe's is my heaven haha. I love their nut butters, coffees and pumpkin spice tea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those ARE some really cute shoes! Yay for the win! Have a great trip! I'm loving TJ's BBQ rub, their Carolina Gold BBQ sauce and their super seed and ancient grain blend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I"m making my first trip to the Pacific Northwest in 2 weeks! My sister and I are taking our annual sister trip to Seattle. I've already scoped out some running routes. And I"ll have to visit the mothership, I mean flagship Lululemon store...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I could make a long list for TJ's! Check out their brown basmati rice, marinara sauce, unsweetened dried cherries and whatever nuts you like. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your weekend getaway. Wait. Is that this weekend or next? Either way. Enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color of those shoes!! I need to look into this carb cycling thing, I've been hearing a lot about it lately!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those shoes are so cute. All the best for your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your shoes and I love Trader Joe's wine amongst many other things

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always fun getting new shoes and when they were free, even funner! THey are pretty too! I love short intense workouts, most of mine (besides running of course) are between 12 and 20 minutes. Have a great time shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like your weekend plans are wonderful. Cute shoes. I'm going to check out the Tommy Copper giveaway - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those shoes are really cute! Congrats on winning the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you enjoyed your weekend! I look forward to finding out who wins your TC giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy your getaway. Is the carb cycling with Jorge Cruise?

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!