Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Sailing Through June

It has been just over 3 weeks since we arrived home from our wonderful Spring vacation and I am finally starting to feel like I am catching up!  There is always so much stuff to sort out and organize... and life goes on through it all.

And I am so loving the lovely warm and sunny summery weather we are having right now.  It is hard for me to be indoors long enough to do any work!  But I want to do an update about some things that are happening here.


Food/Diet 

I started using My Fitness Pal to track my daily eats and exercises. I admit to having gained a few vacation pounds and so am back on my Weight Watchers program with a vengeance. And I have joined an online FB group to help with daily checkins.  I am happy to be having good success and enjoy seeing the numbers change. Yeah, I am a geek like that.






Fitness and Fun 

I didn't do any resistance training at all while on vacation, so once I got home I jumped right back in to the Metabolic Aftershock workouts... they are all bodyweight sessions and mostly squats, lunges, pushups, etc. Tough and effective.  I have also been doing some of the 21 Day Fix strength sessions.

I have been doing a few 4km and 5 km runs...playing tennis, golfing and walking everywhere.  We have also been doing some swimming.  I am burning calories like a mad woman!  And enjoying every sweaty minue!






Nice Surprises to Share

I won a Catelli Pasta giveaway hosted by Jen from Pretty Little Grub a while back and the shipment arrived shortly after we got home....   a year's supply of pasta.... 60 boxes of spaghetti and rotini. I want to give props to Tamar at the PR company who looked after this... the shipment was sent originally while we were on vacation and returned because we were not there to receive it... I contacted her when we got home and she re-sent. Awesome.

The Captain was thrilled!

But even he cannot possibly eat all these noodles... so we have been sharing it with friends, and neighbors and co-workers... and I am also in the process of searching out a local organization/shelter who might like some of it for their free-lunch/dinner program.  I think that is a good way to spread the word about this product and have other people share in my good fortune, too.





Loving and Living

I cannot get enough of these frozen cherries that I found at Costco... they are grown here in B.C. in the lovely Okanagan valley and then frozen whole.  I love eating them with yogurt or with a mixture of chocolate protein powder and yogurt.  So juicy and so delicious! And because they are so cold, it takes a while to savor and enjoy this lovely combination... SAVOR!  that's my new favorite word.




We have been working on our balcony garden... planted some flowers and then bought a couple more planters for tomatoes, lettuce and herbs.  I love being able to snip bits and pieces for our meals!





I hope you are having wonderful and active June as well... what are you loving right now?

13 comments:

  1. Your garden is so pretty! June is looking pretty great here in WA;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're right back on track! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly that's a lot of pasta! I'm loving frozen cherries, too - except I bought them fresh and had to pit them all before freezing - didn't love that so much haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, that's a lot of pasta! Congrats on winning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a wonderful prize to win from a giveaway! You look like you're set with pasta for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound so happy and relaxed! Glad you are enjoying this gorgeous month. I mixed herbs and strawberries in with my flowers in planters this year and so far they look great! Now that is a load of pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a lot of pasta!! Cherries are my favorite, and I buy them at costco too. I like to eat them frozen with a square of dark chocolate for dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids would love it if we won that much pasta LOL.

    Sounds like you are settling back in and having a lovely June so far.

    ReplyDelete
  9. IM A GRUMP RIGHT NOW :-) so Im just here to steal yer love :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to get a food scale because I guesstimate a lot of things. I'm trying to lose 15 lbs and know that measuring my food will be key. It's just such a pain to measure and track everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that's a lot of spaghetti! Also I love those frozen dark cherries too! They go with so many different things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a whole lot of pasta! My family would be in heaven. I'm loving the fact that today is my last day of work before summer break. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY PASTA! Totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!