Friday, September 12, 2014

Loving Lately... Faves and Raves

I am finding lots of new things to love this week…

I played my first tennis match this week in these ASICS tennis shoes that I got in Portland at the end of July. They are wonderful… so supportive and comfy and I almost hated to take them off.  Love the color, too.  I have never had real tennis shoes before, only used-up running shoes.

shoes

Do you recall the ToiletTree Professional Skin Care System that I raved about last Spring?  You can read that review here if you are interested…  well, they just sent me a Storage/Travel case for it along with a set of replacement brushes. Awesome.  I love these brushes and use them a lot.  The case a nice finish to the set and will make storing it much easier… and travelling with it, too.

Sept 10 ToiletTree brushes and case 005

I am thrilled that my friend Kate did a guest post on my food blog this week…she shared her Bright Green Lettuce Soup with me and it is fabulous.  Check it out, won’t you?

Kate's Bright Green Lettuce Soup

On my September Simple RE-Start front… I am struggling with night time snacking so have taken a book out of the library called the 21 Day Sugar Detox, to see if I can get some ideas from it. I know some of you are fans. I need to be a bit more disciplined. But,  I am getting in lots of exercise and I am happy about that.  I am doing things I really love and it makes all the difference when it feels like play.
Sept 11 21 Day Sugar Detox 001

Our fabulous warm and dry Summer weather is lingering… I am so happy to be still able to go out in sleeveless shirts and shorts… even if I am now prepared with the proper gear for rain.  I am feeling kinda bad for family and friends who are living with early cold temps and freak snowstorms…. also the peacocks, who lose their tailfeathers this time of year.

Sept 11 morning 003

Here are some great finds from around the internet this past week:

Let’s start with a utube vid:
And some informative blog posts:


  • 6 Skincare Secrets at  Her Heartland and Soul
    • Erin has some good advice here and a giveaway as well




Here is a good looking recipe that I cannot wait to try:
And I am lending my voice to a PSA today:

What are you loving lately?

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving that we finally cooled down a bit here! Although I'm NOT turning on the heat. Just. Not.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!