Friday, June 27, 2014

EnJOYing June and Some Faves and Raves

I am thrilled that we have been having such great weather on the Island this month. Even though I have had a sniffly cold dragging on and on, I have been getting outside a lot… even having breakfast on our balcony many mornings in the brilliant morning sunshine.

I started a new workout program this week.  It is called Metabolic Aftershock.  I am sure you have been seeing advertising for it everywhere.  It really appealed to me because each workout is only 15 minutes long… and is body weight exercises that can be done anywhere… including in our small living room (and hotel room).  I can do a 15 minute sweaty, hard workout, and still get outside afterward for a run or a walk or go play tennis or golf.

In the past, I have found that a 40 - 50 minute strength workout tires me out so much that I don't really want to do much else exercise-wise for the rest of the day... and that is just no good for me in the Summer when I want to do it all!

So far so good… the workouts are hard.  And I am loving them. And I do seem to be staying ‘hot’ for a few hours after I have completed them.  But, wowzers, have I been hungry on days I am doing these workouts. I hope that means I am burning calories like a mad woman!

I have been taking part in a challenge this week called #40plantfoodschallenge – the idea is to eat 40 different plant foods in a week… I am doing pretty well so far – well over the 40 and I will be writing a post about it for my food blog at the end of the week. 

June 9 shopping and lunch 002


My favorite articles and blog posts this week are all about food and fitness… surprised?  here is the lineup:

 
How may different plant foods do you eat in a week?

Does your workout routine vary with the seasons?


2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'll be looking forward to that 40 different plant food posts! you have me thinking now. I'm going to make a list of my own of how many plant foods I've eaten this week. I may even blog about it. If I do, I will make sure to link back to your blog since you gave me the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea - I probably eat around 20 on an average week. Definitely something to try!
    Yay for sunny weather! ☀️

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!