Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Week So Far…

Yesterday morning I bounced out of bed, eager to get this workout started….

On-the-Go Workout! #cardio #strength #abs #workout #health #healthyliving #fitness
I know it doesn’t look like all that much.  But, it was a doozy! 

I completed two rounds of it for a total of 24 minutes, but I have to admit that I was not able to do all of the bicycle crunches and did substitute a Pilates move that is similar.  When I was finished I was FAMISHED and ate a banana while I stretched.  Great workout; my arms and shoulders burned from all of the push ups and planks.

After an early lunch we headed to the marina to check on our sailboat… it had rained a bit on Sunday night and I always like to check on her after a storm.  We have never had any leaks or problems, but I feel better when we check.

Aug 12 2013 2

I wore flipflops instead of proper shoes 'cause I thought I would only be walking on the dock a short way… but we ended up doing some shopping on the way back into the city… and wow, did I pay for it during the night!

I was up with leg cramps 5 or 6 different times. And my legs felt like dead weight below my knees. It was a most UNrestful night… when I woke up this morning I was not sure I really wanted to run.

But we did.  I put on my Recovery compression socks, had a cup of coffee and then a vanilla and banana protein shake, and off we went.

I told The Captain that is was going to be a very pokey 5 km… and it was!  We talked most of the way and that makes me run slower too.  But I enjoyed it, and my stretch afterward. 

Getting up and sweating first thing in the morning is just the BEST.  And I know I will have better ‘rest of the day’ because I ran.

W3 R37 210/1 W5
stretch 5 minutes

Do you feel like ditching your run or workout if you don’t have a good sleep?

How is your week shaping up?

1 comment:

  1. Way to get your run in even though your night was rough:)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!