Monday, April 1, 2013

It’s April!

It’s April!

And I have so many exciting things starting today that I was eager to jump out of bed and get my day started!

I am doing another Whole30 for the month of April, and kicking it off by taking part in Laura’s Sugar Detox Challenge for the first 7 days of the month.  You can read all about it and sign up here.

\

I have registered for the Detox Challenge that not only eliminates sugar and artificial sweeteners for the week, but also processed foods including energy bars... this fits so nicely with Whole30 and gives me that extra incentive to stay with it and eat according to the plan.

I feel so much better when I am following the Whole30 program… it is a slippery slope for me once I start adding back non-approved foods and liquids.

I am also going to Boot Camp! 

bootcamp_large

That would be Tina Reale’s Best Body Bootcamp!  I won a place in the flash giveaway she did over the weekend and I am so very excited about it!  I have been looking for something to take the place of the structure of going to noon-hour group exercise classes and this fills that bill quite nicely.

I printed off all of the intstructions and trackers, and this morning, coffee in hand, I did my fitness tests and took measurements that will become benchmarks to note my progress in the 8 weeks of bootcamp.  And I have some definite goals in mind, too, for these 8 weeks and after reading other great reviews of these bootcamps, I know I will meet them!

The timing couldn’t be better as the bootcamp ends just 2 days after my next birthday!

Apr 1 Boot Camp start 001
Selfies in the bathroom...

Apr 1 Boot Camp start 007
And my measuring devices and checklists....

Later I will be doing my first workouts… but I had better get some breakfast into my belly first!

Do you have any special plans for this month?

Is it Spring at your house yet?

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're all set! I've got a few days off so am planning a ballet class marathon!
    Spring?! If only. We seem to be stuck in winter ground hog day :( I long for warmer days and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the sugar detox too!! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are excited for the month Elle:) I am doing the sugar detox too, but am realizing that so many things have sugar, it's going to be harder than I thought. Might have to mostly just focus on no sweets. Also have my Dietbet challenge that I am very excited about. Looking forward to getting back to my "happy" weight:) So nice here yesterday. But, the clouds are back today:( I don't mind as long as it stays in the 60's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sugar detoxing and rocking it (she said less than 1 day into the plan haha!)
    Can't wait to hear more about the boot camp. You are such a Whole 30 star!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the new challenges! I'm sure your discipline will see you through.

    I sugar detoxed a while back and it has stuck...so glad I did it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good plan!
    Here we had snow blizzards today. I really wish Spring would come soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! I'm a HUGE FAN of anyone who eliminates sugar from his or her diet because it is sooooooo bad for us! It's literally toxic to our bodies and I literally cringe thinking about it. There are so many alternatives to "refined" sugar, too, so future "cheats" can still be amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to follow your Whole30! Looks like there's a good group of bloggers doing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are rocking!!!! Can't wait to read more! I really don't do challenges & things anymore - I like to do my own thing! :)

    Eager to hear about your boot camp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How's the Sugar Detox going!? I should have joined in but didn't see it until the 2nd, so I will have to do it on my own next week! Or maybe after Boston because I will be having some Gu / Nutrition bars next week...

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!