Friday, August 3, 2012

Watching the Olympics on TV and BENGAY zero degrees

Are you spending as much time watching the London Olympic Games on television as I am?

Yesterday I was enthralled by the dressage event!  I love watching the horses prance and dance.  Some of them look like they really enjoy showing off.

But, normally the Summer Games  don't hold much interest for me until we get to the Track and Field events... which start today.  If you want a good guide to watching them, please go to check out Vanessa's post, which she has done up much in the way of a horse-race handicapping sheet.  It is not only informative, but very entertaining.

Yesterday I had several errands to take care of in the morning, and we left the apartment in rather a hurray so I slipped my feet into a pair of rubber flip flops, instead of putting on proper shoes, and off we went.

Well, I ended up being out much longer than intended and when I went to bed last night I knew I was going to pay for my folly in the way of a leg cramp or two in the middle of the night.

At 5:11 a.m. I woke up with a terrible cramp in my left calf.  I jumped out of bed on my right foot and spent a good minute or two, trying to get my left foot flat enough on the floor to put some weight on it and stretch out the cramp.  Lucky for me I was able to do that, and go back to sleep... but even this morning when I did finally get out of bed for the day, the calf was hot, and achy. 

I knew this would be a great opportunity to try out the BENGAY zero degrees, which has been sitting in my freezer, just waiting to be used.  And I was not disappointed.

I snipped open the resealable zipper bag....


and inside, found a container that looks much like a deodorant stick...


And when I removed the lid I could detect the smell of the BENGAY zero degrees product, although quite pleasant and clean-smelling.  A few minutes later, it was completely gone.

I rolled the top of the stick lightly over the calf of my leg and was pleased with the immediate cooling effect on my skin... then the heat kicked in and I could feel relief from the crampy pain right away.

The BENGAY zero degrees gel did not leave a sticky residue on my skin at all... disappeared right away so there was no worry about it staining or ruining my clothing.

Apparently you do not have to store the BENGAY zero degrees in your freezer for it to be effective... but it will not have the same immediate cooling effect on your skin if you store it at room temperature.

I would urge you to give this product a try if you are looking for a soothing relief from muscle cramps.  It's unique, and very effective.

I recieved this product free of charge but the decision to write a review, and the opinions, are my own.

Are you watching the Olympic Games?

What is your favorite event so far?

Do you have a favorite product that relieves muscular cramps and pain?

6 comments:

  1. Interesting! Thanks for this info! :)

    I'm watching the Olympic Games...lovin' the cycling, that is, if I had to only pick one sport ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used the Bengay Cold therapy and really liked it. Wonder what's different about the zerodegrees. (Actually just put on the bengay for a cranky calf that likes to cramp...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so awesome.. love that it has the cooling effect.. I want to try this.. brillant.. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried Bengay Cold Therapy yet, but it looks awesome.

    Yes, I'm watching tons of Olympics. Love every minute. Well, I'm getting a little tired of beach volleyball and water polo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this review, Elle. I saw the commercials for it and it looked really interesting - have you used it for muscle soreness or just for the cramp? I might try it out!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!