Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Day's Run, the Week in Review and Hats off to Cappuccino LARABARS!

Today The Captain and I wrapped up week #1 of our half marathon training with a 3 mile run.  I promised him a new route today, and so this morning I sat down with classic Mapmyrun and selected a 3 mile route down a looooong steep hill from our street, and over a pedestrian walkway above the highway, into a neighborhood we don't know very well... it looped and twirled and then came back across the overpass and up the looooong steep hill.

What a I really didn't know was that all of the streets I routed us along in the unknown neighborhood were hilly, too.  Up and down and up and down and up and down we went... the whole 3 miles.  But I was really happy that we didn't take any walk breaks and that we completed it in just seconds over 38 minutes!

W2 R38 W3
stretch 5 minutes

We came in and shared a banana while we drank water and stretched.  And then, after changing in to dry clothes, we sat down with coffee to share one of the new LARABARs that I received earlier this week.

This lovely package arrived a few days ago and it has been very difficult for me not to dig right in...

4 Cappuccino LARABARs and a nice Holiday Greeting card

We shared just the one and it was a perfect snack... sweet, nutty and a really lovely coffee flavor.  I think a big glass of cold milk would go well with them too.




My week in review:

Sunday
  • 5 km virtual Resolution Run
  • stretch 5 minutes
Monday
  • Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, level 1
  • stretch 5 minutes
  • Biggest Loser 2 women's sculpt
  • Biggest Loser 2 men's sculpt
  • Biggest Loser 2 cool
  • walk 2.5 miles
Tuesday
  • Pilates for Dummies Basic Mat
  • WW low impact aerobics
  • Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk/tone
Wednesday
  • BL Power Sculpt levels 1 and 2
  • BL Power Sculpt cool
  • Madeleine Lewis walk 1,2 and 3
  • Madeleine Lewis cool and stretch
Thursday
  • 5 km run
  • stretch 5 minutes
Friday
  • walk 1 mile
Saturday
  • 3 mile hills run
  • stretch 5 minutes

7 comments:

  1. great week!! I am a larabar fanatic but not sure I could do a coffee flavored one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lara bars! I have found the Peanut butter one is pretty bad though. All the fruity ones are very tasty to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great week of exercise! I really enjoyed those Larabars too. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great week! I love Lara bars; they are probably my favorite. However, I have never tried the Cappuccino!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried a Lara bar but everyone seems to like them. Now I'm curious. I guess I better try one. Great week! Nice work on the hills!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Larabars sound yum yummalicious! I haven't tried very many flavors but I am pretty sure I would like that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great workout week, Elle!

    I think it is SO wonderful that you and the Captain workout/eat healthy together. How wonderful to have each other as accountability partners and for support/motivation.

    Keep up the great work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!