Thursday, October 27, 2011

Time to Put Away the Candy!

Since my activity level is restricted at the  moment... no impact and no lifting or bending over, I am starting to get a little concerned about gaining a few pounds - oh really?  After all the Reese's peanut butter cups and mini Almond Joy bars I have eaten over the past couple of weeks, I am NOW getting concerned?




It is time to put away the treats for a while... yes, I know it is almost Hallow'en, but we don't get trick or treaters here at the marina, so not a problem to avoid the locker where the candy lives for a while.

Today I am going to get in a  nice walk, and do some freggie shopping.  I am looking forward to munching fresh fruit instead of chocolate.  Really.

What is your favorite comfort food?
I think mine is chocolate in any form.... nuts are a close second.

Do you every crave healthy foods?  Like what?
I don't really get cravings at all.  But I would never turn down a bowlful of crunchy veggies.

11 comments:

  1. My favorite comfort foods are french fries, mashed potatoes, fried potatoes - anything potatoes, really. And I like chinese food!

    I do crave healthy foods like fruits and broccoli. I bought two heads of it yesterday at the store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love almond joy and mounds bars. Chocolate and coconut is so heavenly. Hope you are holding up well and staying entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comfort food --- bagel with cream cheese and jalapenos! Really, I love chocolate but the bagel and the spice makes me oh so happy!

    For health food --- broccoli, brussels sprouts

    ReplyDelete
  4. comfort: coffee (cafe au lait) and graham crackers

    healthy food: raspberries

    ReplyDelete
  5. two of my FAVORITE candies of all time!!!!! I avoided the candy isle like the plague yesterday... I seriously don't need any in my house, good LORD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I could narrow down my favourite comfort food to just 3! Although, I have a particular soft spot for strudel - it's the puff pastry :)

    Having been away for a couple of days and done nothing except eating, I feel similar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you are able to move around now though! Must be good to get in some good walking.

    I love that term "freggies" haha I had to think about it for a second, but it's catchy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are my two favorite chocolate candies! My mom always keeps fun size Almond Joys for when I visit. I have to stay out of the pantry or the bag disappears by the end of my visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Elle! You've won something on my blog -- please check it out and send me your contact info (full name, email, mailing address). Congrats, and thanks for following my journey!!
    runningdivamom at yahoo dot com
    www.runningdivamom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some of my favorites too! Although for me comfort food is usually cookies, candy or warm bread and butter. Yum! I do crave certain foods, and I think it's because of a lack of vitamins or a nutrient in my diet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love chocolate also. Sometimes a crave a nice, crisp salad with lots of veggies.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!