Monday, August 1, 2011

72.44

That is the number of kilometers I ran in July... I am thoroughly happy with that odd number.

I didn't set a July running goal and just made a plan to get out as much and as often as I could.  And I did and this is the most I have run in a month so far.

44.45 km in May

57.2 km in June

72.44 km in July

Yay!

Sunday we did a speedy 5.25 km and used the 9/1 run/walk method.  We ran the first 2.4 km in 17 minutes which seemed very easy ... the last time we did it in 16.5 minutes and I was sucking air.  Can 30 seconds over that distance really make that much difference? 

This time the whole thing just seemed to be over with so quickly, and I actually forgot about the 3rd walk break and we didn't do it till I checked my watch after about 12 minutes.

W3 R39 @ 9/1 W3
stretch 5 minutes

Back on board, a new smoothie... banana, vanilla unsweetened Almond Breeze, and some canned mandarin oranges.  Mmmmm.



Will have to give August some serious thought.

1 comment:

  1. YAY YOU!! Well done! You're logging those miles AND eating some great food:) I love the pic of the smoothie. Maybe I need to start drinking those for protein boosts and recovery, especially since I'm in week 4 of marathon training. Any suggestions? Let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!