Sunday, July 17, 2011

Strawberries on Sunday

When I got up at 8 o'clock this morning, The Captain had already been up watching the British Open on television, since 3 a.m.  Thank goodness for ear buds or there would be trouble on the Love Boat!

But I was happy to watch till the end a couple of hours later and very pleased that one of my all-time faves, Darren Clarke, is the new Open Champion. Some brown suds in the Claret Jug tonight, no doubt.

The other highlight of my day was a long walk downtown and back, to pick up 4 pounds of fresh strawberries... one of our local markets had them on sale and I can never resist a strawberry at a good price!

The largest salad I have ever eaten became my lunch soon afterward.


What can I say?  It was delicious.

What can I do with the rest of them?  Any ideas?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you have ever made strawberry jam, but it's my favorite. If you haven't already tried it you definitely should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! fresh strawberries are absolutely delicious! that salad looks amazing. I have been totally on a fresh salad kick lately and pics like yours keep it going :)

    LOVE that your husband woke up at 3am to watch the golf tourney...I have to admit...I watched a bit of it as well. just not at 3 am...haha!

    hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait a sec- I just saw this. THE SALAD LOOKS SO GOOD! uuugh I need it! hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!