Saturday, July 16, 2011

Satisfying Saturday

When I first woke at 6 a.m. I could hear the rain drops pounding the top of the cabin and so I turned over and went back to sleep.

The next time I woke, it was was 8 a.m. and the torrential downpour had not subsided.  But the aroma of strong dark coffee was so alluring, I had to get up.  It was definitely worthwhile!

The Captain presented me with my Saturday morning breakfast around 9 a.m.


It was delicious!  Reminder to Self... get more strawberries!

And by 11 a.m, the rain had lessened considerably and I knew that if I didn't get going soon, I wouldn't go at all.   And I would feel like I really let myself down.

So, I put on some warmer running gear, added a jacket and the dreaded cap, and off I went.  It was the first time in ages that I didn't have any goals for this run, other than to just go do it.

By the time I had gone 15 minutes, the rain had turned into a light Scotch mist and was actually almost pleasant.  I loped along a paved trail beside the highway towards the centre of our town, varying my speed between slow and very slow, and just kept going. 

At the 30 minute mark, I took my jacket off and tied it around my waist. 

At the 45 minute mark, I took off the cap - the rain had stopped completely.

I ended up making a 7 km loop and it took me back to my starting point at the marina, 59 minutes after I had begun.  No walk break at all today.  I was pretty pleased with myself and headed back to the boat where I rewarded myself with a smoothie...





1 cup of original unsweetened Almond Breeze, half a banana, some Splenda and cinnamon, and 1 Tbs of cooked sweet potato.  So delicious and just what I needed while I stretched and cooled down.

W2 R59 W3
Stretch 7 minutes

And then I thoroughly enjoyed a hot shower off the transom of the boat!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Congrats on a GREAT run! I wish I could travel with you on your boat - it seems like such a fun and adventurous lifestyle! I hope my husband and I can do that someday. Can I just say? Your breakfast AND shake look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! I want to make a smoothie like that - thanks for the idea! YUM!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!