Tuesday, July 5, 2011

On the Way Home!

I am so stoked and yet so tired.... we are on they way home to the Island and our boat.

We spent 3 nights with a dear friend in the Okanagan in B.C. on the way to visit my sister and her family in Calgary for 11 days... now we are back at my friend's house for a couple of days and then will arrive back on board Thursday... at least that is the plan.

I have had a great time - very busy and very active, and am happy with the amount of exercise I managed to get in, too.  I am updating my June goals and leaving them posted for a few days, so I can sit and look at them, and enjoy the results!

I did some treadmill running - it is boring when there is no tv to watch.  And we did a 12 km run along the Bow River in Calgary - WONDERFUL! And we did some running on rural roads at my sister's house.... all at altitudes of 2500 to 3500 feet!  I live and normally run at sea level and there is such a difference.

I got in some pushups, some upper body work and I think I walked a gazillion miles! 

It is HOT here.  I will not be running outside, but may get in some more treadmill runs before we head for home.  The treadmill here was mine at one time... I gave it to my friend when we sold our house and bought the boat.  I had only ever run on it when it was too cold outside... but now see it as a useful tool in the HEAT as well. 

I am looking forward to getting caught up with my blog reading soon.

1 comment:

Love it when you leave me a comment!