Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tired and Happy

I woke up at 4:30 a.m. and heard raindrops hitting the fibreglass deck on the sailboat, and thought that today's post would be short....  Rain Delay....

So I went back to sleep and when I woke again, at 8:20 a.m., the sky was mostly blue and it was quite bright outside.  I was delighted and declared that today would be a run day after all. After we had coffee, The Captain set to making our usual Saturday morning pancakes.  I do love Saturdays.

About an hour or so later, we put on our running gear and headed out to do the 4 km course I had mapped out.  It went by very quickly and we were back at the boat before I knew it, stretching and doing pushups.

I encorportated Julia's hip stretches to my after-run stretching routine today an they felt great. I am definitely going back to have another look at her pics to make sure I am doing them correctly. 

W2 R30 @9/1 W3

100 Pushups - Week 2, Day 1
Set 1 - 4
Set 2 - 6
Set 3 - 4
Set 4 - 4
Set 5 - 6

I ate a banana and drank several glasses of water. 

After a clean up and some lunch, I walked downtown and back, a brisk 75 minutes. It is so nice being back in our lazy little village... everyone is so friendly and it feels so much homier than being in the city.

I made a stop at the library on the way back to the marina, and found a copy of John Stanton's new book, RUNNING: The Complete Guide to Building a Running Program, so I checked it out.  That will be tonight's entertainment while The Captain watches NHL playoffs.


I am tired and it will be great to sit and sip tea, with my feet up!

2 comments:

  1. So happy the weather cooperated for you today and you fit in a run.
    My parents live on a boat in a marina in Hong Kong so I'm really interested in your boat life!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had s good day! I know I need to start doing stretching like you posted regularly. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!