Friday, May 27, 2011

Getting Soft... and Popcorn

I woke up considerably puffy this morning.  No doubt it is water retention from last night's popcorn but I decided to go to my Weight Watcher's meeting and weigh in anyway.  I packed my breakfast along with me to eat at the meeting, after I weighed.  It's funny. Lots of the women in this particular group do the same thing... no one wants to eat and then get weighed.  

I made overnight oats in the refrigerator, and have to say, these were the best ones I have ever made... 1/3 cup of rolled oats mixed with 1/4 cup of unsweetened Almond Breeze (original) and 1/2 cup fat free Balkan yogurt.  This morning I mixed in some cinnamon, Splenda, 1/2 banana and about 1 Tbs of large dark chocolate chips.  O.M.G.  Very tasty.  I almost felt guilty about enjoying them so much.

So, today was uneventful... more reading , and a nice brisk walk this afternoon iwith The Captain. We had a discussion, while we walked, about our upcoming cruising season, the cruddy Spring weather we are having, and why we don't feel like slipping our lines and leaving the conveniences of the marina right now... only to sail in cold gales, and then drop anchor and bounce around in the chop.  I think we are getting soft.

I have planned a run for Saturday morning and am really looking forward to it.  But tonight we will watch another movie and eat something other than popcorn.  Cinnamon toast, perhaps?

My favorite way to have popcorn is to drizzle olive oil over it and then sprinkle it with salt and Splenda.  I am looking for other ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it when you leave me a comment!