Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Another 5 km PR, Free Glasses and a Green Smoothie

I woke up so excited this morning.  For 2 reasons.

1.  The weatherman promised me sunshine today so I could get out for a run.

2.  The Clearly Contacts web site is giving away 10,000 pairs of free glasses today and I wanted to get in on it.

So, up at 7 a.m. to a blue sky and blazing sunshine.  Hurray!  Breakfast was an egg and some grape tomatoes with a toasted multigrain thins bun and a couple of cups of dark roast coffee... and, at 9 a.m. precisely, I hit the ADD COUPON button on my eyeglasses order and it was accepted.  Wow!  I scored a pair of Jones New York designer glasses for the shipping cost only.  I am so excited.  I only need them to read when I am tired or the light is poor, so I can't lose, even if they turn out to be ugly.

That taken care of, runnning clothes and shoes on... and out the door, or, off the boat, as it were.

We did a 5 km run this morning - not the same waterfront route as Thursday, but a 5 km route that I had mapped out in the neighborhood.  It was so good to be out again and I was feeling the burn in my lungs as I labored to keep up with The Captain. 

During the last several minutes I started thinking about my last run... that it was a 5 k PR of 35 minutes... that likely this one wasn't going to be as fast.  And I was mentally comparing it to having a great golf game  -  the next round you play is never as good. La la la la...  all these thoughts and rants running through my head and all of a sudden we were done and it was in 10 seconds under 35 minutes.  Another PR.  Am I so excited or what?

W2 R35 @9/1 W4

Back at the boat, I stretched and did pushups for 10 minutes (thank you, Julia) and then went below and made myself a huge green smoothie as a reward.

1 cup of Almond Breeze, vanilla unsweetened
1 huge handful of spinach leaves
1/2 banana, sliced
3 large strawberries, sliced.

Whizzed with my handy little immersion blender, one of the few electrical applicances I keep on board... and voila!



This afternoon The Captain plans to do some boat washing and I am going to put my feet up and read, after I get dinner prepped.... pork tenderloin in a lovely marinade that The Captain will barbecue later.

So far today, I am 2 for 2.  Can't ask for better than that!

6 comments:

  1. Nice score with the free glasses. I love getting free stuff!
    Great job with the run as well!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you woke up excited for your run! that is how working out should be! i get a little excited too... i can't get out of the door fast enough sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like an awesome day!
    And I'm cooking the same dinner tonight! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and entering the snackTAXI giveaway. There's a new giveaway up today that you should come enter too! I'd love if you'd choose to follow my blog :)

    Sounds like a great day! An excellent run and free glasses! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for PRs and free glasses! Sounds like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!