Thursday, April 28, 2011

Short and Sweet

It started out to be a gloomy and wet day.  We planned to drive to the marina with a carload of things to leave on the boat, and to meet the cable installer there as well.  I packed us a sandwich and some fruit to take along for lunch, and we made a pot of coffee and put it into the new stainless Thermos carafe.

It was pretty cool in the salon when we arrived on board so I turned on one of the space heaters.  I put away clothes, books, and plastic storage containers full of grains, spices, dried fruit, and nuts, while The Captain hooked up the cable in preparation for the installer's arrival.

Good man he was - he arrived on time and it took only about 20 minutes to get all set up... thankfully.

We finished up our chores and left.  The sun came out as we approached the house we are caretaking this season so I got The Captain to agree to go out for a short run before our showers, and before the next round of NHL playoffs begin.

It was the same 2.75 km route that we ran about a week ago and we did it in 21 minutes.

W1 R21 @9/1 W2

I alternated the pushups from Week 1 Day of the 100 Pushups Challenge with my stretches, and managed 7 as a final set.   Wow!  I can really feel it in my pecs.

Week 1,  Day 3
Set 1 - 4
Set 2 - 5
Set 3 - 4
Set 4 - 4
Set 5 - 7

Dinner is going to be leftover Core Cornbread with eggs and syrup.  I am so looking forward to that... our groceries are really dwindling and I am getting pretty stoked to move back on board and begin our season.... and running flat routes, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it when you leave me a comment!