Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Would You Rather… a Runners Survey

I have read this fun survey on a couple of the blogs I follow recently, and decided to answer these questions, too.  Here goes.

Would you rather run in a thunderstorm or a snowstorm?

Definitely the thunderstorm.  Where I live these is little of both but I have run in a snowstorm in the past and found it quite visually disorienting.

Would you rather breathe through your nose or breathe through your mouth?

I would RATHER breathe through my nose but I know I am a mouth breather when I run.

Would you rather do 100 squats or 100 crunches?

Squats, definitely.  100 crunches is tough on my lower back.

Would you rather have a baked good for dessert or an extra serving of your favorite entree?

More dinner, please.  Not a huge dessert fan… well, not anymore anyway!  Wait... what IS the dessert?

Would you rather run on a treadmill for an hour or run around the same street block for an hour?

So not a treadmill fan… at least not since I lived where the winter temps often plummeted to –40C.  These days I would choose running around the same block and I would probably turn around and run it in the opposite direction occasionally, too.


Would you rather have a headache during a run or a side stitch?

That’s a tough one.  I rarely get either but I find headaches quite annoying.

Would you rather have a rest day on a work day or a day off?

Definitely on a work day.

Would you rather be a race director or a race volunteer?

I have been a volunteer a couple of times and quite enjoyed it… a race director?  I think that would be too much for me… I might consider being a committe coordinator.

Would you rather spend your money on running gadgets [HRM, GPS watch, Headphones] or running shoes?

Shoes, of course!

Would you rather run in a relay or do the run portion of a distance triathlon?

I have never done either, but I think a relay might be fun.

Okay, it’s your turn!

7 comments:

  1. I would much rather run in a snowstorm than a rainstorm! I guess it's bc I live somewhere that rarely gets rain, but it always makes me feel sticky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost everyone who has done this survey would rather spend $$ on shoes instead of gadgets:) Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add me to camp snow! Thunder means lightning, so mucho no bueno.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I would run in the snowstorm not a rainstorm.
    PS - Love the new look of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Appreciate the compliment a lot!

      Delete
  5. I love this! I would run in a snowstorm rather then a rainstorm (unless it was a HOT summer's day).
    ps - love the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I choose anything but cold/snow! After almost getting hit by a car last weekend, I'll run in anything where the roads aren't slippery and I can see the sidewalks!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!